Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Similsame

On Jessica Simpsons's TV show she went to the golf course, to prepare she had to pick-up some items at the pro-shop. Trying on a small fingerless glove she held it up to everyone and the camera exclaiming "fits like a glove!"
I haven't seen more of the show but I imagine this is a world of knives that "cut like a knife!" and which when heated cut through butter like "a hot knife through butter!"
Since then I feel like I've seen more of this, the similsame, where a simile is contrasted with its object.
The planes are new. The TV's are used- a lot.
The similsame's counterpart is the unpun. I've witnessed attempts even closer than this but here the surprise rests on "used" being both a state of ownership relfecting prior use and a state of usage.

No comments:

Videos